Liu Ru en, M.D. Ph.D.
DEPARTMENT OF Neurosurgery
- Title:Professor of Neurosurgery, Doctoral Supervisor
- Professional Highlights
Deputy Editor of Chinese Journal of Neuro-traumatic Surgery;
Editorial Committee Member of Chinese Journal of Experimental Surgery, Chinese Journal of Behavioral Medicine and Neuroscience, Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation, Chinese Clinical Neurosurgery, Journal of Anatomy and Clinical Journal, Chinese Journal of Clinicians and China Modern Surgery Journal;
Review Expert of National Natural Science Foundation of China；
Standing Committee Member of Jiangxi branch of Neurosurgery society of Chinese Medical Association；
Committee member of Chinese Neuroscience Society;
Director of Beijing Branch of Neurosurgery society of Chinese Medical Doctor Association.
Microvascular decompression operations (such as Hemifacial Spasm, Trigeminal Neuralgia and Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia); Sellar Tumor, Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor micro-neurosurgery; Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, Meige’s Syndrome, Dystonia and other functional diseases surgery treatment.
- Research & Publications
See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of medicine.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China "Research on the mechanism of optic nerve regeneration"(NO. 30672151，2007.1-2009.12)
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China “Study on the molecular mechanism of cell transplantation for endogenous NSCs migration and differentiation in treatment of Parkinson's disease” (NO. 30973096，2010.1-2012.12)
3. Natural Science Foundation “Study on the molecular mechanism of Nurr1 gene regulation by cell transplantation in treatment of Parkinson's disease” (NO. 81241018)
4. Natural Science Foundation “Study on the molecular mechanism of STAT3 degradation and its effect on migration and invasion of glioma cells treated with paeoniflorin” (NO. 81573774)
In 2017，Prof. Liu presides the daily work of Neurosurgery department of Peking University People's Hospital. He is also director the functional neurosurgery department of Chinese people's Liberation Army General Hospital, the honorary president of Jiangxi People's Hospital, deputy director of the Institute of neuroscience of Jiangxi Province, doctor supervisor of Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, master tutor of Peking Medical College，doctor supervisor of Nanchang University and master tutor of Peking University.
Dr. Liu have studied with professor Samii，the former chairman of the International Federation of neurosurgery, at the International Institute of Neurosurgery, Hannover, Germany.
Professor Liu focuses on micro-neurosurgery for treatment of hemifacial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, sellar tumor, cerebellopontine angle tumor, epilepsy, Parkinson and Meige syndrome. He has been achieved 1900 cases neurosurgery per year and total 21000 cases in past decade with higher cure rate and less complications compared with international level. He is one of the top-level specialist in accomplished operations of hemifacial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia and cerebellopontine angle tumor. These famous works were also reported by CCTV, Guangming Daily, China Youth Daily, Jiangxi TV and other medias. Patients came from mainland China and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions, as well as Canada, Australia and other countries. Prof. Liu has guided more than 110 hospitals to carry out microvascular decompression operations. He has made an important contribution to the standarlization of microvascular decompression for hemifacial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia.