The Department of Clinical Nutrition
The Department of Clinical Nutrition at Peking University People’s Hospital (PKUPH) provides some of the best nutrition outpatient counseling and inpatient care in Beijing. Our dietitians have extensive experience in malnutrition diagnosis and management. Inpatients also get access to professional clinical nutrition support during their staying at our hospital, including nutrition risk assessment, nutrition supplement plans and detailed health education. Peking University People’s Hospital has garnered the reputation throughout China for believing every patient is special and deserves the very best in medical care.
Our experienced dietitians are trained to prevent and resolve malnutrition problems in various categories, with expertise in diabetics, hematology, pregnancy, infants and the elderly. We collaborate with teams of experts from virtually every medical and surgical specialty for the best care of each patient. At Peking University People’s Hospital, patients seeking clinical nutrition suggestions will find experts equipped with the knowledge and resources to provide accurate diagnoses and timely care. Every one of us strives to provide individualized care and appropriate treatment for our patients based on thorough evaluation of individual needs.
Our mission is to maintain our role as leaders in the administration of clinical nutrition services by demonstrating the highest standards of patient care and furthering our commitment to promoting the wellness of our patients, and residents.
In 2011, the department was appraised as a National Excellent Team Award by the Chinese Society of Nutrition (CSN).
In 2010, the department won the first prize in Beijing nutritional therapy skill competition.
We offer clinical service for outpatients in the following areas:
· Pregnancy nutrition clinic
· Medical nutrition weight loss clinic
· Tumor nutrition clinic
· Geriatric nutrition clinic
· Pediatric nutrition clinic
· Type 1 diabetes nutrition clinic
For inpatients, we
• provide recipes and meal plans that help them stay nourished and strong
• monitor their nutrition status from the beginning to the end of treatment, making modifications as needed to minimize side effects and treatment interruptions before they arise
We provide different diets to inpatients.
• Basic diets: regular diet, ordinary soft food, semi-liquid diet, liquid diet, diet for the Department of Geriatrics, special wards meals, halal meals, and vegetarian diet.
• Therapeutic diets: diabetic diet, low salt diet, salt-free diet, low fat diet, low salt and low fat diet, low iodine diet, low purine diet, low potassium diet, high potassium diet, anemia diet, low protein diet, high protein diet, high energy diet, diet for the Department of Hematology, prenatal diet, postnatal diet, and tube feeding diet.
• Test meals: gallbladder imaging, colonoscopy prep diet, occult blood test diet, no pigment meals, steamed bread meal, etc.
• Clinical nutrition education for graduates and undergraduates in Peking University Health Science Center
• Seminars among dietitians (weekly)
• County-level continuing education to healthcare workers (monthly)
• Education to nurses and patients in wards (monthly)
• Classes for pregnant women (monthly)
• Regular health talks to residents (monthly)
• Classes for chronic kidney disease patients (weekly)
• Classesfor family members of patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (monthly)
The Clinical Nutrition Department spans a wide array of topics that include:
• Establishment of human breast milk bank and breast milk composition analysis
• Study on nutrition assessment system in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for leukemia
• Study on the mode of integrated chronic disease education
• Effects of preload intervention on blood glucose control and pregnancy outcome in gestational diabetes mellitus
• Study on the relationship between royal jelly and chronic diseases and immune function in old patients
We always welcome cooperation with academic institutions.
Liu, Peng. PhD.
Dr. Liu holds the positions of director of the Clinical Nutrition Department, committee member of Nutrition Physicians Branch of Chinese Medical Doctor Association (CMDA), committee member of Beijing Dietetic Association, Secretary-general of Clinical Nutrition Branch, Beijing Nutrition Association.Dr. Liu is also an accomplished dietitian with experience in complicated cases.
Cai, Jingjing. MS.
An accomplished physician with experience in nephrology, gastroenterology, as well as respiratory medicine.
Wang, Yu. MS.
Ms. Wang received her Master’s Degree in Food and Nutrition from the United States. She is an accomplished dietitian with experience in chronic disease, anti-aging, and weight control.
Wang, Boshi. MS.
An accomplished dietitian with experience in nutrition before and after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for leukemia, as well as elderly nutrition.
Guo, Qianying. PhD.
An accomplished dietitian with background in pharmaceutical sciences.
Cui, Mingxuan. MS.
An accomplished dietitian with background in endocrinology.
Our experts also:
- Provide information and FREE classes about healthy eating habits to public patients, caregivers and family members, to help patients continue a healthy lifestyle at home.
Please feel free to contact us if you want to get our updated experts’ schedule and class plans.